Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest lodging franchiser, encompassing nearly 6,900 hotels under 12 brands on six continents inclding budget brands such as Baymont Inn and Suites, Days Inn and Super 8 Motels.
Wyndham Hotel Group, one of three principal components of Wyndham Worldwide, encompasses nearly 7,000 hotels representing more than 588,000 rooms in 66 countries on six continents under the Wyndham®, Ramada®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Wingate® by Wyndham, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Microtel Inns and Suites®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® and Knights Inn® brands. Below is a list of the budget brand of hotels under Wyndham Hotel Group.
- Days Inn brand of budget hotels and motels are found all over the globe - in cosmopolitan cities and quaint towns, at beaches and in mountain ranges, along highways and near airports. Many conveniences are standard at these properties such as the free Daybreak Breakfas and free high speed Internet access.
Super 8 Motels
- Super 8 Motels Inc. is the world's largest budget hotel chain, with motels in the United States and Canada. The original room rate was $8.88, hence the numeric brand name. Super 8 offers guests standard amenities at every hotel, including a new "SuperStart" continental breakfast, free high-speed wireless Internet access, hairdryers, coffee makers, and a lobby area. Some locations have pools and meeting rooms. A few of the larger Super 8's even have a restaurant on the property. Super 8 Motel's primary competitor include Econo Lodge, Budget Host, and Motel 6.
Wingate By Wyndham
- Wingate By Wyndham are newer hotels with many free services such high-speed internet access in every room, larger guest rooms, and complimentary breakfast. Wingate By Wyndham (formerly known as Wingate Inn) is a brand of independently-owned hotels that targets business travelers. The typical Wingate by Wyndham property offers a free hot breakfast, free high-speed Internet access, upscale bedding, and workrooms. Most properties have a 24-hour snack bar or mini-mart, but unlike its mid-priced competitors including Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Hyatt Place, it usually does not have full-service restaurants. Prices range from $100 to $150 a night.
Baymont Inn & Suites
- "Listening to our guests and treating them like neighbors is what we do best. We call it hometown hospitality and it comes complete with all the comforts of home like free high–speed Internet access and free breakfast at the Baymont Breakfast Corner." Whether you're traveling for a leisure getaway, a family vacation or on business, Baymont Inn & Suites® has the right hotel for you. Take advantage of the exceptional service with a wide range of popular amenities, at an affordable price, offered at Baymont Inn & Suites hotels nationwide, including complimentary continental breakfast featuring waffles and French toast, TVs with premium channels, Pay-per-view movies, and/or satellite movies and video games and free Local Calls and long distance access.
Microtel Inns & Suites
- Microtel Inns & Suites® — the award–winning chain of all newly–constructed, interior corridor hotels has raised the bar in economy lodging. With over 300 hotels in 46 states and five international countries including Argentina, Canada, Honduras, Mexico and The Philippines, Microtel provides a consistent and reliable experience for both business and leisure travelers. Each location offers free Get Up & JoeSM breakfast, free wireless high–speed Internet access in every room, and free local and long–distance calls within the continental U.S.
- Hawthorn Suites is a chain of hotels in the United States owned by Wyndham Worldwide. Hawthorn Suites is among the key players in the upper midscale hotels category offer amenities such as meeting rooms, exercise facilities, swimming pools, and a free hot buffet breakfast and dinner. It competes with Hilton's Homewood Suites, Hyatt's Summerfield Suites, Marriott's Residence Inn, and InterContinental's Staybridge Suites in the upper moderate to low upscale segment of the extended-stay market. Since Hawthorn is not an entirely exclusive extended-stay brand, however, it may also compete with Marriott's SpringHill Suites and Comfort Suites in the non-extended-stay, all-suite segment of the market.
- For value-conscious families looking for familiar and dependable accommodations, Howard Johnson® has more than 450 hotels in 16 countries offering a range of amenities that can be enjoyed regardless of the travel occasion. Howard Johnson Home Office serves your business needs by giving you everything you need to work comfortably on the road. Whether you are traveling with the kids, pets or for business, there is a Howard Johnson that will meet your needs.
- In North America Travelodge is franchised by Wyndham Worldwide, the world's largest hotel chain. Targeting families with children, it is best known for its mascot Sleepy Bear, a half awake teddy bear wearing a sleeping cap with his name, a robe with the Travelodge logo, and slippers. Some time ago, Travelodge would give a free toy plush bear to any child staying in the Sleepy Bear Den room, of which every travelodge used to have at least one. Travelodge competes in the upper-economy segment, along with Sleep Inn, Park Inn/Suites and Red Carpet Inn/Suites. Unlike its corporate sister, Days Inn, which also falls into the upper-economy segment, Travelodge is geared toward active, outdoor-loving, or adventure-oriented families.
- Mainly located near major highways, Knights Inn® hotels offer road travelers on a budget easily accessible and basic overnight accommodations at 250 convenient locations across North America. All Knights Inn locations are now proud to offer free continental breakfast.
Wyndham Rewards (formerly TripRewards) is a branded, points-based rewards program for frequent travelers, the largest travel rewards program of its kind in the lodging industry based on the number of participating hotels. Wyndham Rewards is owned and operated by Travel Rewards, Inc. a fully-owned subsidiary of Wyndham Worldwide. Wyndham Rewards members have the option of earning Wyndham Rewards points, which can be redeemed for shopping and dining gift certificates, airline tickets & miles, rail miles, and merchandise such as electronics, appliances and sporting goods, resort vacations, free entertainment and more. Wyndham Rewards members have the option of earning Wyndham Rewards points or airline or rail points.