If you are willing to spend a little more for comfort, the moderately priced hotel chains offer some extra amenities like larger rooms, swimming pools and restaurants.
Moderatly priced (but on a budget) hotels cost a little more than the standard budget hotels, but usually include some additional amenities. They normally provide a larger room with a larger bathroom, include free hygenic items such as shampoo and some other minor conveniences, may have a restaurant or cocktail lounge, and might even have a swimming pool, sauna or exercise facility. The prices of most hotels in the moderate price range seem to vary considerably based on your destination. Prices can be very reasonable at less desirable vacation spots or in highly competitive areas such as Las Vegas, but on the other hand don't expect these prices to be super cheap in New York City.
Courtyard by Marriott
- Courtyard by Marriott is a brand of hotels owned by Marriott International Hotels. Courtyard by Marriott is designed for business travelers. Its rooms feature large desks, couches, free high speed Internet access, and "big" breakfasts. The majority of locations have full-service restaurants, and all have 24-hour "mini-marts," called "The Market". A hot breakfast buffet is available for purchase or may be included in the cost of the room with a special overnight stay package. It competes with other mid-priced business-oriented hotels like Wingate Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. Courtyard Marriotts are usually casual, causing it to be great for families. Prices range from $60 to $120 a night.
Hyatt Place Hotels
- Designed for the busy lifestyle of today’s multi-tasking business traveler, Hyatt Place features a selected range of services aimed at providing casual hospitality in a well-designed, high-tech and contemporary environment. Property sizes range from 125 to 200 rooms and are located in urban, airport and suburban areas. Signature features of Hyatt Place include The Gallery, which offers a coffee and wine bar, a 24 hours a day, seven days a week guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and daily complimentary continental breakfast. Hyatt Place guests are business travelers as well as families. Hyatt Place properties are also well suited to serve small corporate meetings. Spacious guestrooms feature a 42" flat-panel HDTV that can be viewed from the Cozy Corner oversized sofa-sleeper or the plush Hyatt Grand Bed. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Prices range from $80 to $140 a night.
Residence by Marriott
- "Make Residence Inn by Marriott part of your extended stay routine. Check in to keep running strong with onsite fitness centers, to keep eating right in your own full-sized kitchen, and to keep your balance in roomy suites. Residence Inn by Marriott is a brand of extended stay hotels with the slogan "Your home away from home". Residence Inns typically feature a complimentary small hot breakfast in the morning and a free light dinner or snack reception on weekday evenings, Monday through Wednesday. Residence Inn competes in the upper moderate to low upscale segment, along with InterContinental's Staybridge Suites, Hyatt's Summerfield Suites, and Homewood Suites by Hilton. Prices range from $60 to $120 a night, the longer you stay the less the price.
Doubletree by Hilton Hotels
- Doubletree hotels is a growing collection of moderate priced accommodations in more than 150 gateway cities, metropolitan areas and vacation destinations throughout the U.S., Canada and Latin America. Doubletree hotels feature distinctively designed properties that provide true comfort to today's business and leisure travelers. From contemporary designs to an innovative guest technology and internet package to our luxurious new Sweet Dreams bed by Doubletree sleep experience, Doubletree has embarked on a multi-million-dollar product enhancement initiative. The main vision of this "renovation resolution" is to reinvigorate the hotel experience and provide today's travelers with more of the residential feel they enjoy at home. Prices range from $90 to $140 a night.
Wingate By Wyndham
- Wingate By Wyndham are newer hotels with many free services such high-speed internet access in every room, larger guest rooms, and complimentary breakfast. Wingate By Wyndham (formerly known as Wingate Inn) is a brand of independently-owned hotels that targets business travelers. The typical Wingate by Wyndham property offers a free hot breakfast, free high-speed Internet access, upscale bedding, and workrooms. Most properties have a 24-hour snack bar or mini-mart, but unlike its mid-priced competitors including Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Hyatt Place, it usually does not have full-service restaurants. Prices range from $100 to $150 a night.
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotels offer comfortable and affordable studio and one-bedroom suites with full kitchens, free high speed internet access, free 24-hour guest laundry and priority club points. The brand's locations are extended-stay hotels focused primarily on rate-sensitive business travelers, also known as corporate transient travelers. "Brown Bag" breakfast is available for purchase, consisting of fruit, a granola bar, and choice of beverage. Candlewood Suites does not offer a free continental or hot breakfast at every location, though certain locations may offer one. Also common to the Candlewood brand is a lack of swimming pool or extensive amounts of meeting space or expansive lobby. Prices range from $80 to $130 a night.
Four Points by Sheraton
- Four Points by Sheraton is Starwood Hotels & Resorts mid-market hotel brand, targeted towards business travelers and small conventions. Starwood Hotels promotes a simple, uncomplicated stay at their Four Points locations by offering programs such as their Best Brews beer program, and Four Pies, their fresh-baked pie program. These programs (and other similar programs) were designed to give each guest an experience instead of just a room. While all Four Points hotels have restaurants, fitness centers, meeting facilities, and swimming pools, the amenities are generally less luxurious or extravagant as Westin or Sheraton's. It competes with other business-oriented, moderate-priced hotels such as Courtyard by Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt Place, and Wingate Inn. Prices range from $90 to $150 a night.
Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn is a chain of hotels by the Hilton Hotels Corporation. Hilton Garden Inns are considered to be moderate-scale mid-priced hotels that are designed for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel brand is similar to that of the Courtyard by Marriott brand, a key competitor. Most Hilton Garden Inn properties consist of an interior tower-style building. Standard public spaces include a single-story lobby building with a Porte Cochere, Front Desk, lobby seating area, an on-site restaurant, and the "Pavilion Pantry" 24-hour convenience market with snacks, beverages, microwavable items and assorted sundries. Most locations feature a pool, whirlpool, and fitness center as standard property amenities. Since there is a restaurant on-site, breakfast is not complimentary, although the on-site restaurant serves a full breakfast buffet along with an a la carte menu. Prices range from $100 to $150 a night.
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
- TownePlace Suites, a division of the Marriott International hotel chain, is an extended-stay hotel chain. Marriott developed TownePlace Suites to provide an affordable place to stay for moderate-tier travelers on extended-stay trips. Rooms are designed in a casual suite-style layout with fully equipped kitchens, work and sitting areas, and one or more bedrooms. The locations more closely resemble apartment communities than they do hotels, yet still are operated by a 24-hour staff and offer housekeeping services on a twice-weekly basis. Many locations can be found along highways or near office parks. Further catering to the business traveler, TownePlace Suites offers free in-room high-speed internet access. At selected locations, exterior swimming pools and a light and healthy "AM Eats" continental breakfast are offered. Prices range from $90 to $140 a night.
See economy priced budget hotel chains
See exteded stay budget hotel chains